PET Solar Panel means that the top layer of encapsulated material is PET film, which is a plastic film with a light transmittance of about 85%. Its surface can look shiny without any treatment, and if it is sprayed with a layer of frosted, it will look matte and a little rough to the touch.
PET solar panels are customized products with small sizes or low power output. The product structure is PET Film + EVA + Solar Cells + EVA or not + PCB. The solar cells are cut into small pieces by a laser machine, and the voltage and the electric current can be done as per the requirements, and then the single-layer transparent PET, EVA, solar cells, EVA, PCB backplanes are sequentially placed in a solar laminator for lamination. After about 20 minutes, take it out and then stick a soft and transparent protective film on the surface of the solar panel.
What are the advantages of PET solar panels?
1. It is suitable for the production of solar modules of various sizes and different voltages and currents to meet different application scenarios.
2. Quality standards are lower than glass laminated solar panel.
3. Short lamination time and high production efficiency.
4. Low cost.
What are the disadvantages of PET solar panels?
1. Long-term exposure to the outdoors will make the PET film hard, brittle, and discolored, reducing the light transmittance of the solar panel, and at the same time, it can’t well protect the PV cells inside to avoid oxidation and corrosion. If the surface is frosted, this layer of frosted will start to fall off and become very ugly after about 0.5 years.
2. Because the lamination time is not enough, the cross-linking degree of the entire solar panel will not meet the requirements.
3. It can’t resist the relatively large impact from the outside.
What are the applications of PET solar panels?
Used for solar lawn lights, solar wall lights, solar handicrafts, solar toys, solar radios, solar flashlights, solar mobile phone chargers, solar small water pumps, solar home/office power supplies and portable mobile power systems and other products.
It is not recommended to use PET solar panels that need to be placed outdoors for a long time and have a life expectancy of more than 2 years.
WSL Solar has been a quality and professional manufacturer of custom solar panels, solar mini panels, IoT solar panels and solar solution provider in China since 2006.